Disney Nerd: 10 facts you probably didn't know about your favourite Disney films
It’s been a little while since I’ve worked on a Disney Nerd post, but guess who’s back, back again?
Disney films are some of the most incredible animated movies in history and an all round family favourite; but how many facts are you aware of about the magic behind the movies? Here are 10 facts you may not have known.
1.Walt Disney had planned a short sequel film to Snow White – Snow White Returns. The film had a storyboard but never made out of the preproduction stage. There is no known reason as to why the studio decided not to make the film.
2.Princess Aurora AKA Sleeping Beauty is the princess with the least amount of dialogue- only speaking 18 lines throughout the entire film.
3. The first female to direct a Disney animated movie is Jennifer Lee, who co-directed Frozen
4. In 101 Dalmatians, Pongo has a total of 72 spots while Perdita has 68.
5. There are three cameo appearances during The Hunchback of Notre Dame’s scene for the song ‘Out There’ – made by Beauty and the Beast’s Belle, The Lion King’s Pumbaa and Aladdin’s Magic Carpet
6. Another more recent cameo appearance is made by Tangled’s Rapunzel and Flynn during Elsa’s coronation in Frozen
7. Monster’s Inc character, Sulley, has more than 2.3 million individual hairs, all carefully animated. Each frame of him took an estimated average of 12 hours to produce.
8. Simba is Swahili for lion.
9. Despite us knowing Cinderella’s prince as ‘Prince Charming’, in the animated version we do not find out his actual name. In the newly released live action version, we know him as Kit, a nickname given to him by his father.
10. The voice actors of Mickey and Minnie – Wayne Anthony Allwine and Russi Taylor – were married in real life and in a happy relationship until his death in 2009.
How many of these were you aware of? Credit to various sources which I have studied these facts over many years of visits to the parks and just a general love of Disney and the secrets!