St David’s Day Leek and Potato Soup Recipe
Dydd Gŵyl Dewi Hapus, pawb! Today is St David’s Day here in Wales, which celebrates the Welsh patron, St David and is the national day of Wales. There’s lots of ways the country celebrates this special day – from attending services with traditional dances and songs, holding Eisteddfod festival events and children usually dressing in traditional costumes of Welsh Ladies, waistcoats for boys or wearing the Welsh rugby shirt. To celebrate, I’ll be sharing with you my leek and potato soup recipe which is a pretty simple dish to serve on this patriotic day. It’s quick and easy, making it the perfect starter to a three course meal or just to have as a lone dish.
- 2ibs of potato
- 2 large leeks
- 1 large carrot
- 1 onion
- 1 veggie stock cube
- Chop and wash your vegetables and add to saucepan.
- Cover vegetables with water
- Add your veggie stock cube
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper
- Bring your soup to boil
- Simmer until vegetables are soft (aprox. 20 minutes)
- Hand blend the soup down, leaving some chunks
- Taste and adjust seasoning
- Enjoy your leek and potato soup
I hope you enjoy this delicious dish. Have you ever tried leek and potato soup before? What’s your favourite soup?
Let’s be friends, add me on Bloglovin
Jazz is a Disney, tea and pop culture enthusiast with a passion for blogging. Also a proud introvert.