It’s that time of year where our friends across the pond celebrate Thanksgiving and then we British jump on board with the whole Black Friday sales because… well, we just do, alright? If you’re looking to grab some great deals this Black Friday and Cyber Monday then I may be able to help you with that. Here are some of the best Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales for you to check out. Make sure you read until the end for amazing Black Friday and Cyber Monday tips you can’t afford to miss!
Amazon has decided to start the event over a week early on some of their tech items, with the all new Amazon Echo having a 20% slashed off its price, now being available for £69.99. There’s also the Amazon Echo Dot which has 30% discount making it on sale for £34.99. If you’re looking for a new TV this Christmas, you can get up to £170 off a brand new LG and Hisense 4K TV. If it’s a new phone you’re after, you can get 20% off new Sony, Nokia and Motorola smartphones.
If you’re looking less on tech and more on just general gifts for Christmas, this Baylis & Harding Royale Bouquet Relax and Retreat weekend bag was £40 and is now £11.18 and this Braun Series 3 3090 men’s electric shaver was £169.99 but has had £100 slashed off the price. There’s also this great K’Nex Imagine 70 model building set was £62.69 and is now £26.25
Amazon also have their own deals day called Amazon Prime Day which is exclusive Amazon Prime members who also get access to various “lightning deals” as part of their membership as well as next day delivery, Amazon Prime Video, Amazon Prime Music, photo storage and various other extras.
The brand have promised great deals across all their departments, so it’s definitely somewhere you should consider shopping this Black Friday.
AO has boasted a lot of great deals on this year with both tech and utility items. The Dyson Light Ball Multi Floor & V6 Cord Free Upright Vacuum Cleaner Bundle pack is currently going for £299 which is £100 cheaper. It’s also been reported that the light ball alone is around £200 in other places, so a great deal if you want to get both. The Beko DCUR801W Condenser Tumble Dryer currently has £40 off and currently stands at £179.
There’s over 50% off the De’Longhi Bean to Cup Machine with Milk Carafe which is now standing at £399 which was originally £899 which is quite the price jump and makes a great Christmas present this year. There’s also the Fridge Master American Fridge Freezer which has a nice 27% chopped off the price and now stands at £399.
Another one of the best retailers when it comes to tech is Argos, who are sure to be offering cheap deals and great Black Friday discounts across their range. They’ve already started their Black Friday event and have announced their top offers.
A HP 14 Inch Intel Pentium 4Gb 128GB SDD Laptop Bundle in Gold with Microsoft Office is going for £279.99 which is their lowest price ever. The Philips Series 5000 Dry Precision Electric Shave S5013 is down £50.00, now going for £59.99 which would make a great gift for any man in your life.
With drones being a big craze in the tech world, it may be worth considering the Parrot Bebop Drone With Skycontroller which has had a massive £150 slashed off the price tag and is now going for £249.99. For those looking for a new vacuum, the Dyson V6 Cordless Absolute Handstick Vacuum Cleaner is less than half price at £229.99 and for the young uns, the Zinc Smart X Hoverboard is 20% cheaper now at £199.99. There’s also lots of huge savings on Apple products, Disney toys and 4K TVs.
Click here for the Argos Black Friday deals.
Boohoo are well aware of the big event just days away and already have a big sitewide sale with up to 60% off. They’re also encouraging people to sign up to their newsletter to be the first to know all about their big Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals first.
Carphone Warehouse have a whopping 18-day sale for Black Friday (or black fortnight?) with up to £200 up for grabs on all the latest handsets – including iPhones, Samsungs and Huawei, as well as Pay Monthly, Unlocked Sim Free handsets, Sim Only, Broadband and more. Though it’s not looking like there’ll be any discounts on the new iPhone 8 or iPhone X.
Some big deals include the iPhone 7 – save £200 – £29.99 per month for 500MB of data and no upfront cost, on iD mobile, a sim-free Sony Xperia XA1 – where you can save £60 – £169.99 and a sim-only £16 a month for 6GB of data, unlimited mins and texts on a 12 month contract with Virgin, plus a free £25 Currys PC World gift card.
As an extra treat for customers, As an extra treat for customers, throughout their Black Tag promotion and up until Christmas, Carphone Warehouse are hosting a huge £10 million giveaway, giving everyone who makes a purchase over £4.99 the chance to win a prize. Whether you pick up a new phone, broadband and TV contract or SIM Only deal, the prizes up for grabs include up to £100,000 in cash, brand new Mini Coopers, Samsung QLED TVs, wireless JBL headphones and a range of vouchers from Odeon and Starbucks.
Currys PC World
Currys PC World are another retailer to release some discounts early. Right now there’s currently more than 30 discounted TVs including the LG 55UJ634V 55″ Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR LED TV which is reduced from £999 to just £549, saving you £450.
Another great Christmas present is of course new headphones or in-ear phones and Curry’s are listing over 20 discounted items which includes JBL E50BT Wireless Bluetooth Headphones reduced to £64.95 from £119 and BEATS UrBeats Headphones at just £49.95. There’s currently 10 laptops on sale, including £200 off the HP 15-bs559sa 15.6″ Laptop and the HP Pavilion x360 14-ba048sa 14″ 2 in 1.
For the home cinema experience, the SAMSUNG HW-K450 2.1 Wireless Sound Bar is reduced by a huge £150 to just £149, while you can also save over £100 on the SAMSUNG Sound+ HW-MS550 2.1 All-in-One Sound Bar.
Debenhams are another who have already started their sales with up to 40% off toys and gifts, a mystery gift when you spend £100 on beauty and fragrance online, up to half price perfume and aftershave, 20% off home when you spend £50. The Clinique Party Favours gift set is now half price at £30. There’s a Debut Pink lace ‘Lucie’ dress originally £90 which has been knocked down to £49.50. Music lovers may be interested in the KitSound – Rock mood waterproof bluetooth wireless speaker which has been reduced down to £70
Sign up to the Debenhams newsletter for more info on the Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales.
It’s no surprise that the Disney Store is yet again participating in the Black Friday sales. It seems as though the store and site won’t announce their deals until the day, but it’s worth noting that there’s a special offers page that is always updating with different promotions, including Gift of the week, percentages off of different ranges (such as sleepwear, kids toys) and seasonal reductions. Keep this bookmarked and check it regularly!
eBay of course is jumping on the bandwagon and has some great sitewide deals on numerous brands for you to check out including this HD 720P In Car DVR Camera Dash Cam Video Recorder Black Night Vision G sensor for just £8.15, a Toshiba 43U6663DB 43 Inch Smart 4k Ultra HD LED TV With Freeview Play stripping 26% off at now £279 and this Bush Upright Steam Mop for £29.99. Of course, there’s so much to choose from at eBay, there’s a good chance there’ll be exactly what you’re looking for in a sale, too.
Britain’s biggest gaming retailer has announced its Black Friday sale a week early, which started on Friday. You can save a massive £100 off the PS4 bundle which includes Call of Duty WW2 and That’s You, the new PlayStation Dualshock 4 controller and a NOW TV 2 Months Entertainment pass.
Halfords have great deals in particular on both adult and kids bikes. Save £40 on a Disney Princess or Spiderman Kids’ Bike 14inch which were both originally at £110. You can also save up to £70 on a range of Carrera Bikes, so there’s something for all the family.
My favourite, though, is the Mercedes SLS Ride On Car for kids which is currently available for £25 instead of £50. A great present for your little ones to wake up to on Christmas morning.
House of Fraser
House of Fraser have announced up to 40% off with new offers added every day. An Armani Jeans Long Padded Collar Coat is down to £264 from £594. There’s this gorgeous Michael Kors Jetset Item Top Zip Tote which is down from £225 to £180 and this Polo Ralph Lauren 3 Pack Contrast Waistband Trunks are now £25.20.
H&M has confirmed that this year’s Black Friday Sale will be a lot similar to the 2016 one, where there were up to 70% off 100s of items across menswear, womenswear, kidswear and home accessories. The sale even included items from their latest collection. All discounts and deals were valid online and in-store. They already have 30% off denim and basics with a further 10% off for members. These gorgeous Slim Mom Jeans with floral detailing are now available for £17.99
This year, the department store has said it will be offering cheap deals and Black Friday and Cyber Monday discounts across “home, fashion, electricals and technology, including appliances, computers and TVs.”
The Google Home has currently had £50 ripped from the price tag, originally £129 but now going for £79.
John Lewis says: “Our price promise in action means that even during our Black Friday event we’ll be checking and responding to competitors’ promotions and prices, so it’s worth taking a look online from time to time to see what’s new in our Black Friday offers.”
They also confirm that if you see the offer on their website, they will honour it in their stores too.
This year, Lidl will be taking part in their first ever Black Friday and are slashing the price on almost everything by up to 75%. They are offering the George Foreman grill for £29.99 instead of the retail price £99.99. There’s the Russell Hobbs extra-large Digital Slow Cooker for £24.99 instead of the RRP £59.99 and a Nutrition Mixer for £14.99 instead of £29.99. There will also be a lot of cut prices across food, too. However, it must be noted that the sale will be IN STORE only, so get there early!
Morrisons have a lot of deals in store which includes, Magnum of prosecco (1.5l) for £10, Gin advent calendar for £30, Baylis and Harding bag sets for £5, Baylis and Harding toiletries set for £10 and bottled ales advent calendar for £30.
I know there are a few parents out there who read my blog so I had to be sure to include the Mothercare deals, especially after letting my brother and my sister-in-law know all about it as they’re expecting in March! Over the weekend, Mothercare previewed their sale with up to 40% off selected nursery furniture, 50% off selected bedding, better than half price selected Philips Avent feeding, up to 60% off all toys, 50% off selected car seats, 25% all full price clothing, footwear, accessories and maternity clothing and even freebies with certain purchases. I may not be a mother, but I’m excited to see all of this stuff, especially as an auntie-to-be!
Ahead of the big event, New Look have pulled £25% off both men and women’s ranges including dresses, footwear, knitwear, accessories and more, with even more to be announced on Friday. Be sure to sign up to the newsletter for exclusives.
While River Island has confirmed they will be involved in the big event, they already have a great sale going on which has offer for men, women, girls and boys. Like other clothing sites, River Island encourage you to sign up to their newsletter to be first to hear about their Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales.
Sky is offering price cuts to popular bundles and discount on Sky Cinema which features hundreds of movies, cutting down to just £10 per month instead of the usual £30, giving you quite the saving on the 18 month contract. It’s available to both new and existing customers with Sky boasting over 1,000 films are included in the package. Whatsmore, Sky has just launched three new channels; Sky Cinema Christmas, Sky Cinema Classics and Sky Cinema Musicals will be available for a limited time and will be showing a host of top films including The Polar Express, The Italian Job, Grease, Frozen and Andrew Lloyd-Webber’s award-winning The Phantom of the Opera.
As well as this Sky Cinema deal, there’s also offers on some popular bundles including £7 off the Box Sets and Sky Q package, dropping the £38 per month to £31 per month. The Variety and a Sky Q bundle is also discounted to £25 per month which saves customers £7 off the original price.
Another good deal comes for anyone taking out Sky TV and broadband with this price being slashed to £38 per month – saving £167 over the term of the contract.
Sky is also offering a £50 Prepaid Mastercard to customers who switch to their unlimited broadband package. This deal will cost customers £18 per month for 12 months then £28.99 per month.
All of the above can be found on Sky’s website.
With Christmas weeks away, it can be a lot of pressure to get presents for the kids, but luckily Black Friday can be a Godsend. Smyths have just announced a whopping reduction on over 100 products. Star buys include Nerf Battle Racer which was £229.99 now £179.99, LEGO Friends Heartlake Hospital was £84.99 now £59.99 , 12V Batmobile Electric Ride On was £249.99 now £179.99 and My Little Pony Explore Equestria Crystal Empire Castle was £29.99 now £19.99. There will also be huge discounts on brands such as Disney , NERF , Fisher-Price and Thomas and Friends.
Sports Direct already have some fantastic deals going on, with up to 80% off some of the biggest sports brands. The ProTec City Lite Cycle Helmet which is originally £79.99 has been cut down to £40 and this Firetrap Shearling Bomber Jacket has had £80 cut off the price and is now available for £20. There’s also these Nike Air Max Motion SE Mens Trainers are £40 which are originally £79.99.
Superdrug have just announced their Black Friday deals which are exclusive to those who have a Beauty card. If you don’t already have one, worry not as you can create one online. Some great offers include the Real Techniques Limited Edition Selfie Ready Makeup Brush Set is down to £30 from £35, the Makeup Revolution #Revoholic Edit is down to £60 from £100 and the Zoella Snowella Treasure Me Pampering Gift Collection now at £30 down from £40. There’s also lots of offers on typical items that aren’t Christmas gifts, too.
Studio are another who have started their Black Friday sale early. I’m not sure if this is online exclusive or if it applies to over-the-phone orders, but to be safe, I’d stick to the website if you’re an online customer. I’ve already taken advantage of the sales, buying slippers that were £18.00 which are now £2.99 and a bunch of other things which I can’t list as they’re presents! There’s up to 85% off everything and I’ve found some great picks. This personalised Paw Patrol Backpack Set is now £8.99 down from £19.99, then there’s this Makeup Case which was originally £50 down to £16.99. You can also save a whopping £90 on this DeLonghi Dolce Gusto Jovia Coffee Machine which is now available for £39.
Right now Tesco direct have an offer on the year’s biggest gaming console- the Nintendo Switch. You can pick up the Super Mario Odyssey Switch bundle which includes the console, Red Joy-Cons and a digital download code for the game itself PLUS get get Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle thrown in for FREE, which usually will cost £44 from Tesco Direct, so you’d be making a great saving with this bundle.
There’s also half price on the Now TV HD Digital Media Streamer Sky Entertainment 2 Month Pass at £12.50 both in store and on Tesco Direct. Other offers to expect include up to half price on selected toys, selected NOW TV boxes and you can save up to £220 on selected Dyson vacuum cleaners.T
The Perfume Shop
The Perfume Shop has deals on all week with new ones set to release every day! Armani Diamonds Rose is currently available for £24.99, saving you £15 while Diesel’s Only The Brave is available for £24.99 from the original £49. There’s also the Michael Kors Extreme Night For Men gift set for £39.99, saving you £40. There’s also a 20% off 2nd item which is another great deal if you’re buying fragrances for gifts (or just really want to bulk up your perfume selection)
For deals on next year’s holidays, Thomas Cook have some great deals to take advantage of. Get £200 off any holiday you book for May-October 2018 with a minimum spend of £1000 by using the code BF200. A 7 night all inclusive to the Canary Islands staying at the Bahia Principe Costa Adeje is currently down to £722pp from the original price of £982pp and a week at SunConnect Liberty Hisaronu in Turkey for half board has had just over £100 knocked off its price which now stands at £501pp
If you’re looking for tickets to events this year, Ticketmaster will be hosting sales across music, sport, theatre, comedy and family fun with incredible deals and lots of 2-for-1, 50% off and greatly discounted tickets. Register now to be the first to know when the Black Friday offers are announced.
Topshop are another high street brand who will be participating in the big sale event. While they are encouraging you to sign up to the newsletter for more info, they’ve already got deals on shoes, jeans, dresses and coats.
If you have a child to buy for this Christmas, Very has a lot of Black Friday deals which may be of interest to you. There’s 30% off select fashion, 20% off all Mamas and Papas, up to 1/3 of bikes, scooters and ride on toys, at least 20% off selected kids bedroom and up to 20% off car seats.
Other examples of great deals are the Frozen Elsa Ice Skate available for £19.99 from £39.99, the Star Wars Bluetooth Speaker down to £24.99 from £49.99 and 6V Battery Operated Speed Racer Motor Bike is now £89.99 from £199.99.
There’s lots of other deals including with the brand Intel, Amazon Echo 2nd Generation, Google Home Smart and lots of other tech deals.
Looking for a great getaway? Red is the new black with Virgin Holidays who are promising a Black Friday and Cyber Monday sale. While they aren’t announcing the official deals yet, they have a lot of current special offers taking place which may give you a bit of a picture on what to expect. Current hot deals include an all inclusive to Starfish Jolly Beach Resort in Barbados for £2110.65pp and half board at Atlantis, The Palm in Dubai for £859pp
Of course, it’s not only their holiday company who will be taking advantage of the big sales event. Virgin Mobile is releasing a string of amazing deals that will be part of the Black Friday discounts, ranging from unlimited data price plans to an exclusive free PS4 and FIFA 18 bundle – worth a massive £199 – on purchases of the Sony Xperia XZ handset.
You can also save £108 on iPhone 7 32GB handsets which can be purchased from £19 per month, the UK’s lowest monthly price with no upfront payment.
Yours Clothing have pretty much stuck to the same rule as other clothing brands and won’t announce their deals until the big day, but already have a big sale with up to 90% off, so you can probably get a fair idea of what to expect when the event begins. With their newly launched Christmas Shop, it’ll be no surprise if some of the items from there are included. I’ve also found a free next day delivery code for if you spend £30 or more which is currently available to use, so it’ll be worth testing that out on the sales, too.
BLACK FRIDAY CYBER MONDAY TIPS
- Research – find out who is getting involved, their tipped deals and what to expect. Know when the sale officially start for retailers you plan to shop at – whether they start early, etc.
- Sign up to newsletters – this will be the best source for knowing everything you need to know about specific retailer’s sales, discounts, deals and any promo codes
- Looking to maximise your savings? Look for relevant discount codes from voucher sites and deals forums like Vouchercodes.co.uk and Hotukdeals. If you’re familiar with cashback sites it may also be worth signing up for a free account with Quidco or Topcashback to earn a percentage of everything you spend which can be transferred back into your bank account
- Get there early – if it’s online, it may be worth staying up until midnight, which is when most sales start. If you are going in store, find out when opening time is and get there as early as possible
- Avoid paying postage by using stores’ click and collect services
- Bookmark pages of products you want ahead of time , that way when the clock strikes midnight you won’t have to waste time scrolling through thousands of products
- Set up your online accounts ahead of time – whatever websites you plan to buy with, sign up with an account in advance so it saves precious time
- Feeling lucky? Haggle using live chat. Even though you’ll be up to your ears in deals come the start of Black Friday, there’s always a chance you could shave a little more off the price via online chat. If you’re put off the idea of haggling because it seems awkward, have no fear: all you need to do is type the deal you want or discount code you’ve been given into the website’s live chat box. The worst that can happen is that you receive a no
- Grab an abandoned basket discount – there’s some retailers who offer customers deals if they can see they have put items in their online shopping basket but not completed the purchase. This is risky business and not guaranteed but worth trying, especially if you’re feeling lukewarm about the item at the offered price. To do this, simply log in to the retailer’s website and and shop as normal. Then, instead of going through with the purchase, abandon your basket and close the window. A few days later you might receive an email from the retailer enticing you back with money off your purchase. Retailers who have been known to offer this discount include Asda, ASOS, H&M and Waitrose
- Stalk social media– be sure to follow all the brands you might want to shop at on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat to hear about offers on further discounts. But be aware of fake deals which can be found on places like Facebook. Frauds often like to create attractive deals which they post on Facebook asking users to ‘like’ and ‘share’ the advert to boost it to the top of news feeds and target a wider audience. Those who click through will be asked for personal details, which can be used for fraudulent purposes. Always check that the retailer has a verified checkmark.
- Set a budget — It can be very easy to get carried away if you don’t set a spending limit for yourself. Even if something is heavily discounted it could still be outside your budget. Work out what you can afford to spend and stick to it
- Consider how you’re paying — It can be a good idea to pay for items with your credit card because it can provide you with an extra layer of protection if things go wrong – but you should aim to pay it off any balance in full when payment is due. Don’t put yourself into debt
- Know your rights — The Consumer Rights Act says goods should be of satisfactory quality, fit to do the job intended, and last a reasonable length of time. This right is limited to 30 days from the date you buy your product
- Look long-term — In the run up to Christmas, many supermarkets put together deals where you are offered vouchers or bonuses for the festive season every time you shop, which you can then put towards Christmas shopping later down the line. You might well be offered loyalty bonuses on top of regular points too if you start saving early enough
- Want a better price? Flubit is a pretty cool way to save money if you’ve found the product you want to buy on Amazon. Enter the Amazon URL into Flubit’s generator and it might be able to find a better price elsewhere on the internet for you. It can take up to 3 hours for an offer to come through and once received the offer is only available for a limited period of time. Flubit, which receives a commission on each deal it facilitates, covers most categories of products. Although sometimes it admits Amazon has the best price on an item, it’s worth using if you can bear waiting for a few hours for the generator’s answer.
- Check the discount – Just because a website tells you a product is available at a discount doesn’t mean it actually is; big retailers have been exposed for misleading discount claims in the past.
- Shop around for the best deal – kind of the obvious, but it’s very easy get excited about one discounted deal and fail to see if it’s cheaper elsewhere. A quick way to do this is under the Google ‘shopping’ tab, or perhaps go to a comparison website such as My Supermarket which allows you to lets you look at prices of items in different retailers to see where they are cheapest; plus, you can add an alert for any price rises or falls for specific products
- Beware the ‘Click and Collect’ scam – In particular, be wary of click and collect emails following the big day. Tom Church, from special offer website Latest Deals, has warned Black Friday shoppers about emails asking you to click on a link and enter your details to rearrange a delivery. If you receive an email asking for your credit card details to verify the delivery, be suspicious. If the email doesn’t tell you what the ordered goods are, retrace your order trail and make a call to the company you’re expecting a parcel from to check they sent the email.
- Shop in advance – Got a birthday coming up early next year? A wedding? Baby being born? Get it in advance! Like I said, we have a few months left until my nephew is born, but we’re taking advantage of the sales in advance.
- Be wary of doorbusters – Retailers want to get you into their store to shop. The way they often do this is with the doorbusters. Make sure you read the ad carefully. Many times these are limited to 25–100 items at each store. That means, if you are not in line super early, you will not get the deal.
Phew! That was perhaps my longest blog post to date! I hope you find good use out of these deals I’ve found. Will you be using any of the above? What great Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals have you found? Do you have any tips and tricks you swear by?
Jazz is a Disney, tea and pop culture enthusiast with a passion for blogging. Also a proud introvert.